Definition of Terms
The following Definitions explain terms used in this website.
1. "Burial" means the disposition of human remains, traditionally below ground.
2. "Care" means the general maintenance of the Cemetery and of the lots, graves, crypts, niches, and family mausoleum, therein within the sole discretion of the Cemetery; including cutting and trimming of lawn; keeping in repair the drains, water lines, roads, buildings, fences and other structures, in keeping with a well maintained cemetery; also overhead expense necessary for such purposes, including maintenance of machinery, tools and equipment for such care; compensation of employees, payment of insurance premiums, reasonable payments for employees benefit plans, and maintaining necessary records of Ownership, transfers and burials.
3. "Casket" includes a coffin and means a rigid container designed for the encasement of human remains and customarily constructed of wood or metal, ornamented and lined with fabric.
4. "Cemetery" means the Cemetery Corporation in its entirety.
5. "Certificate of Interment Rights or Deed for Interment Rights" means the document by which the Cemetery conveys a right of interment, entombment or inurnment in an Interment Space.
6. "Columbarium" means an arrangement of niches that may include an entire building, a room, a series of special indoor alcoves, a bank along a corridor or part of an outdoor garden setting.
7. "Community Mausoleum" means a structure, above ground, or partially above and partially below ground, containing crypts and niches used or intended for use by members of the general public.
8. "Community Niche" means a common area where several cremations containers may be placed.
9. "Companion or Double (Multiple) Lawn Crypts" means an Interment Space in the Cemetery which contains a pre-constructed, pre-buried vault capable of holding two or more caskets.
10. "Companion Lawn Niche" means a space in an urn garden, designed to accommodate two cremated remains.
11. "Companion Lawn Urn" means a receptacle into which two cremated remains may be placed, made of bronze, bronze plate, durable plastic, or a combination thereof.
12. "Companion Mausoleum Crypt" means a space in a mausoleum capable of holding two caskets.
13. "Companion Columbarium Niche" means a space in a Columbarium, designed to accommodate two cremated remains.
14. "Contractor" means any person, firm or corporation or anyone engaged in placing erecting or repairing any memorial, or performing any work in the Cemetery's grounds, other than an employee of the Cemetery.
15. "Cremated Remains" means the remains after the cremation process is completed.
16. "Cremation Vault" means a container for an urn made of concrete, metal, fiberglass, or durable plastic.
17. "Crypt" means a space in a mausoleum used or intended to be used for the entombment of human remains.
18. "Care Fund" means a fund in which a portion of the monies collected from the sale of interment spaces is placed in a fund and invested for future care.
19. "Entombment" means the placement of human remains in a crypt.
20. "Family (Private) Mausoleum" means a structure above ground, or partially above and partially below ground, containing crypts.
21. "Family Burial Estate" means an area of lots for which the use is restricted to a group of persons related to each other by blood or marriage. Some "Family Burial Estates" may be divided into separate smaller Family Burial Estates.
22. "Foundation" means the base or footing on which a memorial is installed.
23. "Garden" means a section of the Cemetery containing Interment Spaces which may be identified by a particular area or section by name, and by the type, size, design and material of memorial authorized.
24. "Grave" means a space of land in the Cemetery used or intended to be used for the burial of human remains.
25. "Given Name" is the first name of an individual.
26."Individual Memorial" means a memorial for one individual.
27. "Interment" means the (a) burial, or (b) entombment of human remains or (c) the inurnment of cremated human remains.
28. "Interment Space" means a grave, crypt, niche or plot.
29. "Installation and Maintenance" means the preparation of the earth to place a memorial and the future maintenance of the foundation.
30. "Inurnment" means the placement of cremated human remains in an urn and a placement of such urn in a niche, crypts, grave or other suitable location in the Cemetery.
31. "Lawn Crypt" means Interment Space in the Cemetery which contains a pre-constructed and pre-buried vault capable of holding a casket.
32. "Lawn Niche" means an interment space in an urn garden in the Cemetery used or designated to be used, for the burial of cremated remains.
33. "Lawn Space" means grave space in the Cemetery used or designated to be used, for the burial of human remains.
34. "Lawn Urn" means a receptacle designated for burial into which the cremated human remains of one person are placed, which is usually made of bronze, bronze plate, durable plastics, or a combination thereof.
35. "Lawn Vase" means a receptacle for the placement of flowers on a grave, lawn crypt, lawn niche, or memorial.
36. "Liner" means a container made of concrete, fiberglass, or steel with or without any bottom to be used for burial of a casket.
37. "Lot" means a grave, crypt, niche or lot.
38. "Maintenance" means the maintenance of the Cemetery as defined under Care.
39. "Mausoleum" means a structure, above ground, or partially above and partially below ground for interment of human remains; it may contain a combination of crypts, niches or columbarium's.
40. "Mausoleum Crypt" means a space in a mausoleum capable of holding a casket.
41. "Mausoleum Niche" means a space in a mausoleum or columbarium used, or designated to be used for inurnment of cremated human remains in a urn.
42. "Mausoleum Vase" means a receptacle for the placement of flowers on a crypt or niche.
43. "Memorial" means (a) monument, tombstone, grave marker, or headstone identifying a grave or graves, or (b) name plate, name bar, or inscription identifying a crypt or niche.
44."Memorialization (Cremation)" means the placement of cremated human remains in an Interment Space or scattering in a Scattering Garden within the Cemetery with a marker or cenotaph for name plates.
45. "Monument" means a memorial made principally of stone which extends above the surface of the earth, in upright form. The dimensions for Monuments allowed by the Cemetery are available to Contractors at the Cemetery office on request.
46. "Niche" means a space in a mausoleum or columbarium used or intended to be used for the inurnment of cremated human remains.
47. "Owner" means the person or persons:
(1) to whom the Cemetery has conveyed a burial right or burial rights; or
(2) who have acquired such burial right or burial rights by transfer in accordance with these rules and regulations; or
(3) who hold such burial right or burial rights by inheritance.
48. "Plot" means two or more adjoining graves, crypts, or niches.
49. "Pre-Construction Mausoleum" means a mausoleum on which construction has not been commenced or completed.
50. "Pre Need" means purchasing cemetery property in advance of actual need. The Cemetery property may be developed or undeveloped.
51. "Scattering Garden" means an area of the Cemetery or mausoleum for the scattering of cremated remains in a non-recoverable manner in a common area.
52. "Special Care" means the care of a lot in accordance with specific instructions on the basis of an annual charges or to the extent of income derived from a special trust fund created by an Owner.
53. "Surname" means the family name (last name).
54. "Temporary Marker" means a temporary manner of identifying a Interment Space installed by the Cemetery at the time of burial but not maintained thereafter.
55. "Urn" means a container for cremated remains.
56. "Urn Garden" means an outdoor area in the Cemetery used or designated to be used for the underground burial of cremated human remains in an urn.
57. "Vault" means any container or enclosure made of concrete, fiberglass or steel which is placed in a grave around a casket to prevent the collapse of the grave and/or to protect the casket or for burial of an urn.
Mission | General
Information | Our Services to the Public |
Our Services to Area Funeral Homes|
Rules and Regulations | List Of Area Funeral Homes | List Of Juarez, Chih. Mexico Funeral Homes
List Of Area Catholic Churches And Missions